The Research team at The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) seeks a highly motivated Analyst with a desire to utilize her/his abilities to create positive social impact by improving the performance of charitable funders and, through them, the nonprofit sector as a whole. We are seeking candidates who express a defined interest in contributing to research by helping to design methodologically sound studies and conducting rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses.
This position is based in CEP’s Cambridge, MA office.
The Analyst will work closely with CEP’s energetic and diverse staff to provide foundation executives, boards, and staff with data-driven insights to enhance the effectiveness of their work.
More specifically, she/he can expect to be involved in the following:
- Contributing seminal research to the philanthropic sector
- Performing rigorous quantitative and qualitative analyses using data collected from foundations, grantee organizations, beneficiaries, and/or other stakeholders in the nonprofit sector
- Synthesizing findings, shaping the ideas communicated in final materials, and developing clear and compelling reports and/or presentations
- Designing survey questions and managing processes associated with fielding surveys, as well as collecting information for survey samples
- Actively contributing to team discussions, collaborating on cross-team projects, and helping develop CEP’s internal knowledge base and operations
- College degree (B.S., B.A.) and 0 to 2 years of work experience required (Ph.D. candidates will not be considered)
- Demonstrated proficiency in statistical analyses such as T-Tests, ANOVA, and Chi Squares is required. Demonstrated experience performing regressions will receive preferred consideration.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct quantitative analysis and synthesize findings into persuasive recommendations
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint and experience with statistical packages (i.e. SPSS, SAS, STATA, R) desirable
- Experience with survey design a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
Desired Professional Attributes
- While much of an Analyst’s work is independent, all Analysts work on teams and therefore are hard-working, empathetic, team-oriented, and reliable
- Like CEP as an organization, Analysts must be confident that their work makes a difference but humble in the knowledge that they and CEP are always learning and improving
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role.
Compensation is competitive and includes generous benefits. CEP is based in Cambridge Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. This position is available in CEP’s Cambridge office.
Please email a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity, to leahaa [at] effectivephilanthropy [dot] org, attention: Alyse d’Amico, Director of Human Capital. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
CEP values diversity of backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives and has adopted a diversity and inclusiveness policy that outlines our values and principles.