Just a few days remain to take advantage of early bird registration rates for CEP’s May 10-11, 2011 Boston conference Better Philanthropy: From Data to Impact. Our early registration rates end Tuesday, February 1.
Our conference is open only to foundation CEOs, trustees and senior leadership and attracts the top philanthropy leaders and thinkers in the country.
The event will provide an opportunity for thoughtful philanthropic leaders to slow down and talk about one of the central issues facing philanthropy: how can we make a bigger impact? We focus on the practical uses of data—that is, how to use data to make better decisions.
But as any foundation leader knows, getting the right data is only part of the equation – the ability to implement changes, build buy-in, and inspire staff are crucial components of effective leadership. That’s why we are pleased to announce that Linda A. Hill, professor of business administration at Harvard Business School, will be one of our closing plenary speakers. Professor Hill will discuss her new book Being the Boss: The 3 Imperatives of Becoming a Great Leader and apply the book’s guiding principles to the practice of philanthropy.
Other confirmed speakers include:
- Jeff Raikes, CEO, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
- Luis Ubiñas, President, Ford Foundation
- Christine DeVita, President, Wallace Foundation
- Michael Mauboussin, author, Think Twice: Harnessing the Power of Counterintuition
- Esther Duflo, Abdul Latif Jameel Professor of Poverty Alleviation and Development Economics at MIT, Founder and Director of the Jameel Poverty Action Lab
We keep our conferences small so that attendees find ample opportunity to interact with their peers.
Attendees of the 2009 conference gave the event the highest ratings in CEP history. Among their comments:
- “CEP’s conferences are not to be missed!” said Patty Maddox, CEO of the Winter Park Health Foundation. “The information presented just is not found at other conferences and the mix of people, representing very different organizations, is extraordinary.”
- “The CEP conference is a high priority for those of us who want to improve organizational effectiveness and impact,” said David C. Colby, Ph.D., Vice-President, Research and Evaluation at Robert Wood Johnson Foundation. “It provides thought-provoking, timely and relevant information about the challenges that we face in trying to have an impact.”
You can find the full list of our speakers, attendees, conference schedule, and travel information on our website.
Sign up today and secure your early bird registration rate.
Alyse d’Amico is Vice President—Programming, Communications, and Development at the Center for Effective Philanthropy.