Marketing and External
Relations Coordinator – YouthTruth
We believe, and research shows, that student and stakeholder feedback matters for school improvement and student success. That’s why, in 2008, we created YouthTruth – to help educators harness student and stakeholder feedback to accelerate improvements. We’ve heard from over 700,000 students as well as thousands family and staff members across 38 states and four countries. We’ve coached thousands of education leaders through the process of receiving and acting on high-quality feedback data, and are rapidly growing.
To help us scale and deepen our impact, we are looking for someone who:
- Is passionate about improving school systems and believes that student and stakeholder feedback can improve education.
- Has an eye for design and likes to make content look good online and in print.
- Loves a well-crafted sentence with proper punctuation.
- Has ideas about how to get the right messages in front of the right people.
- Is a metrics maven who can nerd out on marketing analytics then leverage that data to inform strategy.
- Has some experience interpreting and writing about data; would love to co-author and co-design reports like these.
- Is a sucker for good project management and knows how to keep things organized and on schedule.
In this role, you would help our partnerships and outreach team shape and execute our marketing and PR strategy. You’d manage all of the day-to-day aspects of the team’s marketing and public relations efforts.
The work in your domain would include fun and creative work like launching inbound and outbound marketing campaigns, running our social media, coordinating with analysts to pull insights from our aggregate dataset, using the Adobe Creative Suite to create beautiful collateral, serving as our lead Salesforce administrator, drafting and pitching press releases to reporters, and being the master of our digital marketing automation platform. Reporting to the Director of Partnerships and Outreach, you would work collaboratively with the full YouthTruth team as well as staff in other departments at The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP), YouthTruth’s parent nonprofit.
What we’re looking for:
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least one year of relevant work experience or the equivalence.
- Outstanding communication skills. Strong writing ability with keen attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple deadlines while adapting quickly and confidently in a fast-paced environment.
- Comfort with ambiguity and ability to remain flexible in response to business needs of a rapidly growing organization.
- A self-directed learner and doer who can work independently and collaboratively, motivated by team goals.
- A work ethic consistent with the CEP/YouthTruth organizational culture: thoughtful, commitment to client confidentiality, and demonstrates the highest level of personal integrity and commitment to excellence.
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across the nonprofit, public, and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits through our parent organization, The Center for Effective Philanthropy, including:
- Competitive salary.
- Performance based incentive compensation plan.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans with generous sick time allocation.
- Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation which increases to three weeks after the first two years, and two personal days per year.
- 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation.
- Generous annual personal professional development allowance.
- Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans.
- Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates from many types of diverse backgrounds to apply for this exciting role. At this time the Center for Effective Philanthropy is unable to sponsor any visas. We also are unable to support the OPT Training visa, as this visa will require future sponsorship from an employer.
Location and Start Date:
We have offices in Cambridge, Massachusetts and San Francisco, California, where the entire YouthTruth team resides (and enjoys sweeping views of San Francisco bay and the Bay Bridge). This role is based in our San Francisco office. Applications will be reviewed through June 10th 2018. The preferred start date for this position is Monday, June 18th 2018.
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and flawless cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have a digital portfolio or examples of past marketing or design work, we’d love to see it!
If have any questions, please contact Alyse d’Amico, Director of Human Capital and Special Assistant to the President or Leaha Wynn, Associate Manager, Human Capital; Diversity and Inclusion Strategist at jobs [at] effectivephilanthropy [dot] org.