The CEP Conference is back – and we’re heading out west!
I’m excited to share that early bird registration is officially open for CEP’s 2015 national conference in San Francisco! This year’s theme for the conference, which will be held at the InterContinental San Francisco Hotel from Wednesday, May 20 – Thursday, May 21, is Leading Effective Foundations.
Every two years, CEP’s national conference provides foundation executives, trustees, donors, and senior leaders with resources to maximize their effectiveness. Through talks and panels with leaders in philanthropy, roundtable discussions, and breakout sessions, the 2015 conference will bring together foundation leaders and major donors from across the country to engage with the most pressing issues facing the field.
Our lineup of speakers includes leaders from foundations, nonprofits, and academia, and the schedule is shaping up to be one that you won’t want to miss out on. Scheduled speakers, among others, include:
- Barbara Kellerman, James MacGregor Burns Lecturer in Public Leadership at the Harvard Kennedy School of Government, author of The End of Leadership and Hard Times: Leadership in America.
- Henry Timms, executive director of 92nd Street Y, founder of #GivingTuesday, and author of the recent Harvard Business Review article, “Understanding ‘New Power.’”
- Darren Walker, president of the Ford Foundation.
- Jocelyn Wyatt, executive director and co-lead of IDEO.org.
- Jacquelline Fuller, Director of Google.org.
Check out the full schedule of events here!
If you are new to CEP’s conferences, you can read up on past conferences and watch videos of past talks by visiting our website. For example, check out this highlights video from our 2013 conference in Detroit.[youtube id=”Nwas7gH-PWU” width=”600″ height=”350″]
Act now to take advantage of discounted early bird registration rates! (And if you are a CEP Assessment Tool subscriber or a member of Northern California Grantmakers, you’re also eligible for an additional discount.)
Already signed up? Let everyone know by tweeting with the official conference hashtag, #CEP2015, to join the conversation!
You can learn more on our conference website. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us! Contact my colleague, Emily Giudice, Senior Coordinator, Marketing and Programming, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (617) 492-0800 x281.
We look forward to seeing you in San Francisco!