Administrative Assistant – Assessment and Advisory Services
The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) seeks an exceptionally organized, detail oriented, and enthusiastic Administrative Assistant to support our Assessment and Advisory Services team’s survey processes and administrative functions. Reporting to the Senior Executive Assistant, this role will provide administrative support to the Vice President while also coordinating several operational initiatives on the team to support the team’s vital work.
The Assessment and Advisory Services team at CEP provides philanthropic funders with candid, comparative feedback from a variety of key groups, including grantees, stakeholders, staff, beneficiaries, and donors. It also offers data-driven, strategic advising to foundations and donors establishing foundations to help them better understand and improve their effectiveness.
This is an opportunity to support CEP’s organizational mission of creating insight so philanthropic funders can better define, assess, and improve their effectiveness. If you are seeking a mission driven and socially meaningful administrative opportunity to support a highly motivated and dynamic team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
This position is available in our Cambridge, MA office.
As Administrative Assistant on the Assessment and Advisory Services team at CEP, you will be responsible for a variety of administrative and operational functions.
- Providing direct administrative support to the Vice President, Assessment and Advisory Services, which includes coordinating a dynamic and busy travel schedule and serving as a link between the VP and foundation clients
- Providing scheduling for the VP’s calls and meetings with external clients and internal staff
- Scheduling and coordination of internal Services team meetings, including managing agendas and notes
- Assisting in organization and processing of expense reports for AAS client-lead travel for complex trips
- Organizing and overseeing electronic contract preparation and distribution to clients on behalf of the VP
The administrative support component of the role will comprise about 40% of this person’s workload.
- Executing survey administration processes for all AAS surveys
- Coordinate and assist in team’s online survey programming, testing, proofing, and editing, ensuring team members meet deadlines
- Aggregate and manage respondent contact lists for surveys, ensuring high quality accurate lists and changes to lists during survey
- Monitor survey progress and communicate with team about response rates
- Oversee and train temporary staff to assist with survey processes, marketing mailings, and other tasks as needed
- Lead processes and procedures to remove and protect the personal data of survey respondents
- Serving as first line of contact for nonprofit leaders and donors calling for survey support, which involves guiding users through the assessment tools surveying process
- Providing and updating internal documentation regarding the survey administration process
- Administrating third-party team wide resources (Salesforce, Qualtrics, Asana, etc.) to ensure data quality
- Supporting basic Salesforce marketing infrastructure that allows team to analyze contacts and outreach for AAS marketing campaigns, coordinating with Directors and CEP’s Programming and External Relations Team
- Updating and maintaining all marketing materials for the team, working closely with CEP’s Programming and External Relations Team
- Providing administrative and backup support for client teams (e.g. processing qualitative responses, assisting with presentation slide-decks, etc.)
The operational support component of this role will be the primary responsibility of the Administrative Assistant and comprise about 60% of this person’s workload.
The Administrative Assistant may have the opportunity to develop additional competencies and grow into certain project work over time, such as capturing metrics and analysis of assessment tool use and providing Salesforce leadership to the CEP staff, including System Administrator responsibilities.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- An Associate’s degree, or equivalent, is required
- 2- 5+ years of full-time work experience required; full-time directly relevant administrative support or survey administration experience will be strongly preferred
- Strong computer/technical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel and Outlook
- Strong database management and skills
- Familiarity with CRM (such as Salesforce)
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Willingness to serve as a key administrative resource to a senior staff member and a desire to go beyond standard expectations in exceptional situations
- Strong customer service background and skills
- Ability to respond to a high volume of phone and email inquiries, while maintaining excellent customer service, 100% accuracy, and prompt response time
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external client contacts
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize accordingly, juggle changing deadlines, and understand the nuances associated with supporting senior level executives
- Ability to work well under pressure and exhibit excellent judgement; tolerance of ambiguity
- Ability to effectively maintain confidential information
- Self-managing; ability to work well independently with minimal oversight and as part of a team
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates with diversity of backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives for this exciting role.
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across both the public and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
- The base salary range for this role is $62,000. In addition, this role is eligible for performance-based incentive compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans
- Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation, and two personal days per year
- 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation
- Generous annual personal professional development allowance
- Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans
- Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
For nearly 20 years, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 300 foundations around the world have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. CEP is based in Cambridge Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect.
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have any questions, please contact Leaha Wynn, Associate Manager, Human Capital and D&I Strategist or Alyse d’Amico, Director of Human Capital and Special Assistant to the President at jobs [at] cep [dot] org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We believe that a diversity of thoughts, experiences, backgrounds, personalities, and identities helps us think bigger and better, and enables us to reach our goals more effectively. We are committed to building a diverse staff and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.