Coordinator – Assessment and Advisory Services
The Center for Effective Philanthropy (CEP) seeks an exceptionally organized, detail oriented, and enthusiastic Coordinator to support our Assessment and Advisory Services team’s survey processes and operations. Reporting to the Associate Manager, Operations – Assessment and Advisory Services, this role will be a key driver of the survey systems and infrastructure vital to the team’s work.
The Assessment and Advisory Services team at CEP provides philanthropic funders with candid, comparative feedback from a variety of key groups, including grantees, stakeholders, staff, beneficiaries, and donors. It also offers data-driven, strategic advising to foundations and donors establishing foundations to help them better understand and improve their effectiveness.
This is an opportunity to support CEP’s organizational mission of creating insight so philanthropic funders can better define, assess, and improve their effectiveness. If you are seeking a mission driven and socially meaningful administrative opportunity to support a highly motivated and dynamic team, we strongly encourage you to apply.
This position is available in our Cambridge, MA office.
As Coordinator on the Assessment and Advisory Services team at CEP, you will be responsible for a variety of operational and team management functions.
• Executing survey administration processes for all AAS surveys
• Coordinate and help execute the team’s online survey programming, testing, and editing processes
• Aggregate and manage respondent contact lists for surveys, ensuring high quality accurate lists and changes to lists during survey
• Create surveys and ensure successful and error-free launch of surveys, monitoring survey progress and troubleshooting as needed
• Oversee temporary staff to assist with survey processes, marketing mailings, and other tasks as needed
• Ensure that confidential data and personal information is secure and lead processes to follow CEP GDPR compliant privacy policies
• Employing a customer-focused orientation, as the first line of contact for nonprofit leaders and donors calling for survey support, and guiding users through the assessment tools surveying process
• Providing and updating internal documentation regarding the survey administration process
• Supporting data integrity and quality in third party team wide resources
• Updating and maintaining survey timeline and other marketing collateral for the team
• Providing administrative and backup support for client teams (e.g. processing qualitative responses, assisting with presentation slide-decks, etc.)
• Scheduling and coordination of internal Services team meetings, including managing agendas and notes
• Assisting periodically in organization of complex external meeting or travel requests for client teams
Qualifications and Requirements:
• An Associate’s degree, or equivalent, is required
• 2-5+ years of full-time work experience required; full-time directly relevant administrative support or survey administration experience will be strongly preferred
• Strong computer/technical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Excel
• Strong database management and skills
The ideal candidate will possess:
• Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, prioritize accordingly, and to be flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to respond to a high volume of email correspondence, while maintaining excellent customer service
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills; ability to deal effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external client contacts
We believe diversity and inclusion are key drivers of creativity and innovation, and we actively seek out candidates with diversity of backgrounds, skills, experiences, and perspectives for this exciting role.
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across both the public and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits, including:
• The base salary range for this role is $69,000. In addition, this role is eligible for performance-based incentive compensation.
• Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans
• Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation, and two personal days per year.
• 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation
• Generous annual personal professional development allowance
• Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans
• Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
For 20 years, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 350 foundations around the world have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect. CEP is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California.
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have any questions, please contact Leaha Wynn, Manager, People & Culture and Diversity and Inclusion Strategist or Alyse d’Amico, Director of People & Culture and Special Assistant to the President at jobs [at] cep [dot] org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We believe that a diversity of thoughts, experiences, backgrounds, personalities, and identities helps us think bigger and better, and enables us to reach our goals more effectively. We are committed to building a diverse staff and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.