Coordinator, Programming & External Relations
The Programming & External Relations Coordinator role works closely with the Vice President and all members of the team to execute the department’s vital work. This is a unique opportunity to work on a variety of projects that offer growth in both technical skills and content expertise in the field of philanthropy and nonprofits.
The Ideal Candidate:
- You have a track record of being highly organized and detail-oriented. You consistently produce high-quality, error-free work, reflecting an ability to complete tasks on time with quality and accuracy.
- You are a talented multi-tasker who can successfully juggle multiple work streams and demands. You have proven success in a fast-paced environment.
- You are a self-directed learner and doer who can work independently and collaboratively. You are motivated by team goals.
- You have a background and/or demonstrated interest in marketing, visuals, and writing, and seek to work in a mission-driven organization.
- You are a really strong communicator, both in writing and speaking. Your interpersonal skills allow you to interact effectively with all levels of the organization as well as external contacts.
- You are enthusiastic to contribute ideas for speakers, blog post ideas, and creative ways to reach our audiences.
- You are a genuinely wonderful colleague to have around. You work well within a close-knit team as well as across other departments. You are flexible and adaptable in a fast-paced environment. You are also excellent at managing up. Your highly positive attitude, shared commitment to excellence, and thoughtfulness are an asset to CEP.
- Playing a major role with CEP’s communications and marketing efforts. This includes data-entry into Salesforce and MailChimp, assisting with large- and small-scale mailings, managing and tracking our analytics (web, marketing, and press metrics, etc.), and writing marketing and fundraising content.
- Actively supporting the team in event planning and execution of CEP’s biennial conference and programs.
- Synthesizing complex ideas into clear and compelling writing.
- Maintaining CEP’s mailing lists and contacts and conducting Internet research to update contacts on a regular basis; performing detailed quality control of CEP’s contact data base.
- Learning and growing in use of and responsibility for Salesforce and MailChimp for the organization.
- Scheduling meetings and calls for members of the team as needed.
- Actively contributing to team discussions, collaborating on cross-team projects, and helping develop CEP’s internal knowledge base and operations.
- Maintaining a system for CEP’s internal library, chronicling resources and purchasing publications and literature as needed.
- A Bachelor’s degree and one to three years in a relevant role is preferred.
- Strong computer/technical skills; demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook; familiarity with Salesforce, WordPress, and MailChimp a big plus.
For almost 20 years, CEP has led the movement to improve philanthropy through a powerful combination of dispassionate analysis and a passionate commitment to improving lives. Today, over 350 foundations have used CEP’s assessment tools to gather honest feedback from their stakeholders in an effort to learn how to be even more effective. CEOs and trustees have come to rely on our research for insights into foundation effectiveness on a wide range of topics, from assessing performance to developing strategy to managing stakeholder relationships. Our highly regarded programming—including our biennial conference—gives foundation leaders an exclusive and unprecedented opportunity to connect with their peers. Strengths of CEP’s work culture are entrepreneurialism, accountability, teamwork, collegiality, diversity, and mutual respect. CEP is based in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with a second office in San Francisco, California.
Our nonprofit model is central to our identity: our bottom line is impact, not profit. Yet even as a nonprofit, we successfully compete for top talent across both the public and private sectors and offer competitive compensation and benefits including:
- The annual base salary for this position is $67,000. In addition, this role is eligible for a competitive Performance Based Incentive Compensation.
- Comprehensive health and dental insurance plans.
- Generous paid time off plan, including up to 15 holidays, two weeks of accrued vacation, and two personal days per year.
- 401(k) plan with a 1:1 Employer Match up to 5% of total compensation.
- Generous annual personal professional development allowance.
- Flexible spending and dependent care tax free savings plans.
- Life insurance covered 100% by the organization.
Please fill out our application for employment and attach a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position. If you have any questions, please contact Leaha Wynn, Associate Manager, Human Capital; Diversity and Inclusion Strategist or Alyse d’Amico, Director of Human Capital at jobs [at] cep [dot] org. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
We believe that a diversity of thoughts, experiences, backgrounds, personalities, and identities helps us think bigger and better, and enables us to reach our goals more effectively. We are committed to building a diverse staff and encourage individuals from all backgrounds to apply.