Just as we at CEP encourage funders to continually advance their effectiveness, we too constantly strive to improve our own work through feedback, iteration, and experimentation. Back in 2012, we embarked on an experiment to transform the way that we share assessment data, transitioning away from hard copy paper reports into an interactive online reporting system. Since the summer of 2013, we’ve delivered more than 100 reports through this interactive online system, and we’ve been pleased to see third party assessments show funders benefiting from the new format.
But there were of course still opportunities to strengthen this work. So over the past three months, we’ve partnered with Quick Left, a software development company that offers innovative design and development, to improve the user experience with our online reporting system.
We’re excited to announce today the changes that CEP assessment users can expect to see in the coming months:
- A Key Ratings Summary that shows a funder’s ratings across a variety of key survey measures in one easy-to-glance-at screen.
- Optimization for mobile devices. You asked, we’ve answered! After hearing requests to make reports mobile-compatible, we worked with Quick Left to turn that dream into a reality. Reports will now be easy to access and read across screen sizes and mobile devices. You can now access results at your convenience, the instant they become available, wherever you are.
- Search function so users can now find particular information quickly within and across their reports. Curious about your impact on local communities? Type in “local” and instantly find all relevant data and report sections.
- Filters so users can now find particular reports that they’ve commissioned throughout their organization’s history.
- And an updated interface with refreshed design, improved navigation, and clearer charts.
What if you commissioned an assessment last year? Past reports in the online system have been refreshed! All assessment users who have previously received a report through our online reporting system can now log on to see the new filters, search, updated interface, and mobile-friendly layout in their past reports.
Additional new features, including the new Key Ratings Summary, will be rolled out for all funders using an assessment in September 2015 and beyond. We’re very excited to share these updates and improvements with you!
CEP’s online reporting system is an iterative endeavor, fueled by your feedback. As always, please feel free to contact us with questions or suggestions about how we can further improve our work with you.
Amber Bradley is director, assessment tools, at CEP. You can contact her at email@example.com.
Jenny Goff is associate manager, assessment tools, at CEP. You can contact her at firstname.lastname@example.org.