About the Event
Now well into its second year, the COVID-19 pandemic remains front-and-center in global conversations. From vaccine rollout challenges and the rise of multiple variants to indefinitely disrupted day-to-day operations across sectors, the virus continues to loom large. And yet it is by no means the only topic on the agenda. While global leaders seek to vaccinate and recover economically, there is also a shared urgency to build momentum around the Sustainable Development Goals and the Global Climate Agenda.
The crisis is a global wake up call for the need to redouble efforts to work together to solve shared challenges. Coinciding with the 76th annual United Nations General Assembly, Devex will convene U.N. agency heads, government leaders, development practitioners, and private sector actors to discuss the most effective ways to build back better. Over three days of programming, the return of our UHC Pavilion, and a number of ecosystem events, our reporting team will ask the tough questions and take you inside the most important conversations driving the agenda.
From Sept. 21 to 23, we will bring you inside the 76th annual United Nations General Assembly to cover key topics such as:
• The latest on pledges for the global COVID-19 response, as well as vaccine equity and rollout.
• The new U.N. Emergency Relief Coordinator on humanitarian crises and emergency response in Tigray, Yemen, and Syria.
• The Biden administration’s evolving development agenda.
• Climate, the environment, and energy in the lead-up to COP26.
• Global philanthropy and a tumultuous year for the Gates Foundation.
• Decolonizing development and reimagining leadership — including making the U.N. and other multilateral institutions more representative, transparent and accountable.
• Food systems commitments and expectations for the inaugural U.N. Food Systems Summit.
• What’s in store for U.N. Secretary-General Guterres’ second term.